The expansion of Derby during the 1930's led to the closure of the Markeaton Golf Club in 1938 when the area was earmarked for development. The Markeaton Golf Club had been formed in 1895 and was one of the founding clubs of the Derbyshire Union in 1913.
It was located on Kedleston Road on land, now occupied by the University of Derby. When closure was imminent, the club commissioned the respected course architect, and five-time Open Champion, James Braid, to design a course on mature parkland in the grounds of Kedleston Hall.
With a prominent setting overlooking the course and surrounding Derbyshire countryside, the Clubhouse is in the heart of Kedleston Park.
The Professional Shop at Kedleston Park Golf Club offers a comprehensive choice of carefully selected leading brands and first class customer service via its team of Professionals.
Kedleston Park benefits from extensive practice facilities including: newly renovated Scarsdale Short Game area, putting green, chipping area, warm-up nets and a Driving Range.