The following local rules apply in addition to the R&A Rules of Golf Ltd and Kedleston Park Conditions of Competition.
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27)
- a) Beyond any boundary of the course which includes the lake on holes 5, 6 and 7, the ditch to the right of holes 7 & 8 and the practice ground to the right of hole
- b) In or beyond the flowerbed to the rear of the 18th green, as indicated by the white posts. A ball is also out of bounds if it lies beyond the adjoining white posts that surround the clubhouse.
2. WATER HAZARD (Rule 26-1)
HOLE 10, DROPPING ZONE If a ball is in or it is virtually certain that a ball that has not been found is in the water hazard to the left of the 10th green the player may:
- (i) proceed under Rule 26; or
- (ii) as an additional option, drop a ball, under penalty of one stroke, in the dropping zone.
3. WRONG PUTTING GREEN (Rule 25-3)
The practice putting green to the rear of the 18th green is a wrong putting green. Note: Relief is available for lie of the ball ONLY. The ball may be cleaned when lifted.
4. GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 25-1)
- a) All flower beds and rockeries.
- b) Frost greens when applicable.
5. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 24-2)
- a) All artificially surfaced roads and paths.
- b) Staked trees.
6.MOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 24-1)
- Stones in bunkers.
7. EMBEDDED BALL (Rule 25-2)
Through the green, a ball embedded in its own pitch- mark in the ground (not sand) may be lifted, without penalty, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole.
8. DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
For all play at Kedleston Park Golf Club a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only.
If, during a round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might effect his play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
Club House: 01332 840035
Option 1 Pro Shop: 01332 841685
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE
STROKE PLAY - TWO STROKES
MATCH PLAY - LOSS OF HOLE
THUNDER & LIGHTNING PROCEDURE
ONE LONG BLAST of the klaxon will signify suspension of play. All players should immediately mark their golfballs and leave the course.
TWO SHORT BLASTS of the klaxon will be made to recommence play.